There isn’t a single part on a woman that is not worth kissing.
- (via nicolezai)
Spirituality can bring you closer together but it will not open all the doors to understanding each other.
Naturism as a Way of LIving: "Possible Coexistence?"
Although this may be a bit fanciful, there are proponents who would argue that in the realm of everyday reality, the practical coexistence of both Nudists and “Textilists” * is something which could be accomplished.
It might even be possible to argue the freedom of clothing-optional living under the theory of self-determination as described on THIS (link) and other websites.
Self-determination Theory (SDT) mentions or includes the following topics within its area of study, research and practice, "… human needs, values, intrinsic motivation, development, motivation across cultures, individual differences, and psychological well-being."
Therefore, it might be argued if the practice of going fully nude in an open social environment contributes to a person’s sense of well-being, this alone is sufficient cause to permit it.
Furthermore, the very idea another individual or group of individuals might be “offended” by a behavior may not be justification enough to prohibit it. However, we would need to consider these practices from a neutral standpoint and weigh the Pros (benefits) against the Cons (detriments).
If the detriments to society or the workplace were assessed to be much greater than the benefits in total, then logically the results would tip the scale in favor of prohibiting the activity.
Cons: (what happens if people keep clothing)
- Restriction of personal freedom
- Compelling some individuals to perform a behavior they dislike
- Tempting socially ignorant individuals to commit undesirable behaviors (i.e. sexual harassment)
- Allowing criminals to continue hiding contraband such as drugs, money and weapons on their person (beneath clothing)
- Encouraging ignorance of health issues by perpetuating the culture of body shame (link) and concealment (i.e. if I do not like the way my body looks, I can just hide it or bind it into a more pleasing shape)
- Promotes ignorance of “sexual exploitation" (link) upon individuals not confident regarding their sexuality and aware of those quietly seeking power or control over them (some fear speaking up out of embarrassment)
- Forcing people to participate in the textile economy (link) with continuously changing “standards” and styles; forcing some to spend more money on new looks each season or year
Pros: (what happens if people are permitted to go nude)
- Expansion of personal freedom
- Permitting some individuals to perform a behavior they prefer
- Teaching individuals that appearance is not grounds for judging the worth of a person
- Encourages a higher level of body acceptance (link) and self-awareness (along with education and coaching regarding the nutritional and overall health effects of such habits as the use of tobacco and alcohol products)
- Education of individuals as sexual commodities (link) and awareness of the potential for exploitation (even people you think are friends may want something sexual from you)
- Relieving of the “stress” some people associate with being compelled to dress UP to a certain standards of appearance
Certainly the Pros side of this argument may have its own “balancing” stresses such as the “stress” of needing to eat more healthy food and engage in more physical fitness type activities in order to achieve a desired personal appearance! Some individuals have also reported developing a “workout addiction” (link) leaving them feel less healthy whenever planned (scheduled) fitness activity is missed for various reasons. Is this something which deserves an equal weight in importance when compared to other Cons?
Overall, it seems apparent that choices and freedoms are generally preferable to limitations and restrictions, but ultimately most laws in society are enacted to control unwanted behaviors, force compliance with one standard or another and also clearly create sources of revenue for the communities or societies enacting them. Revenues that come with expenses, because no free mechanism for the collection of involuntary fines has been invented yet, but maybe we are only an implanted RFID tag and linked bank account away for that society!
This topic could be explored further, but in the interest of preserving some entertainment value, I am going to end this initial discussion at this point. Please feel free to CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION and add more aspects I might have not yet considered.
- Next topic: ”The real impact of social nudity on minor children and teenagers” (suggestion)
I hope you enjoy reading this article as much as I enjoyed writing it! I believe there is DEFINITELY a strong and continuing potential for further discussion in this area; we just need to keep open minds and foster a willingness to think outside the “traditional box”.
* - Textilist: A person with more than a casual relationship with clothing; someone who claims to “love” their clothes or who shops for new outfits on a more than typical basis. May also be negatively referred to as a “clothes whore”.
Image most recently from allsportsgirls: ”nude girls free gallery, sport and fashion”.
Some day all people will have the option of going nude whenever they want. My bet is, that after people have tried it, have gotten used to it, they will like it and nudity will become the normal.
I don’t know the circumstances that allowed the brave woman in the picture above the ability to walk casually nude in pubic, but my hope is that scenes like this will be common for all sexes and ages.
Live the nude life.
Text by me. Photo from: Cittanuda
Photo retrieved from: Barelin
She is Avril X, she with others used to carry a project named Urbanudismo in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Barcelona, Spain. This image is from some 12 years ago if I’m not wrong.
People often ask - what is it that nudists do? There are lots of activities you can do nude! For instance, nude sketching! A lot of artists say they feel more free and creative when they are nude. Maybe being nude in a natural setting will help you connect with the environment and enhance your work. Just find a secluded area, private back yard, or a quiet place at a nude resort to work and see how it changes your art.
There is a misconception perpetuated by the porn industry that nudists get together to have sex. But that’s not true. Nudists get together for house parties, cookouts, volleyball, swimming, hiking, camping, bowling, billiards, watching movies, reading, playing card games, nude flying, and on, and on. But we don’t get together for sex.
Nudists go without clothes because we are more comfortable physically with having no restraints of clothing on our skin. And we’re more comfortable psychologically with who we are as people. We accept others for who they are, not for what they look like.
The Heartland Naturists of Kansas City have been promoting wholesome, family-friendly nude recreation since 1982.
Where did you learn to speak Spanish?
Born and raised in Venezuela, I “got no choice”… so Spanish is my mother language.